We recognized a very special Windsor Academy Alum back to Knight’s Field Homecoming 2013. Kent Gibson #9 regularly displayed some amazing agility, and sparked some unforgettable runs on this very field. Welcome back the very elusive, #9, Kent Gibson.
While participating in football, wrestling, baseball, and track, some of Kent’s accomplishments at Windsor Academy are:
- He holds the current career rushing record of 3,545 yards.
- He holds the current record for rushing touchdowns with 42 and the record for career touchdowns with 51.
- Kent holds the record for most points scored in a career with 326.
- He is a two time All-Region and All-State selection for football.
- He is a three time individual wrestling state champion and a team state champion.
- And he is a member of the 2007 state championship baseball team.
Kent’s accomplishments didn’t stop after leaving Windsor Academy. He enrolled in LaGrange College started seeing playing time as a freshman
His junior year, Kent led the team with 1295 all-purpose yards and averaged 6.3 yards per carry. He set the school single game record for kick-off return yards with 156. He also set the school record for single game yards per carry with an average of 14 yards per carry against Ava Maria University.
Last year, Kent really came to life for his senior season. Here is just a small sampling of his records and accomplishments.
- He was the second team USA All-Conference running back.
- He led the team with 1835 all-purpose yards.
- He set the school’s record for all-purpose yards in a season with an average of 203.9 yards per game.
- He ranked fourth in NCAA Division III all-purpose yards.
- He set the school single-season record for kickoff return yards with 887.
- He led the USA South Conference in kick returns and kickoff return yards.
- Set the school single-season record with 194 rushing attempts.
- He is ranked 45th in NCAA Division III for rushing yards per game.
- He tied the school record for career rushing touchdowns.
- He broke the single-game all-purposes yards record twice during the season with 290 and 319.
- He broke his own junior season school record for kickoff return yards in a single game with 193.
- He set the school single-game record for rushing attempts with 33 carries.
- Understandably, he was the 2012 Offensive Player of the Year.
In addition to Kent’s athletic successes, he was and is still active in many off field pursuits.
- At Windsor, Kent was an honor graduate who participated in numerous school clubs.
- He is also an accomplished pianist who began his passion in the second grade.
- He currently plays with the LaGrange College Worship Team, known as Undivided.
- He has been involved with the Athens Y Boys Camp for 14 years, the last 8 as a senior leader or program director.
- He remains active with the Fellowship of Christian Athlete.s
- He has a major in Biology and a minor in Chemistry.
Kent, we honor you and your contributions to Windsor Academy by retiring your beloved #9. As one of the most gifted athletes to don a Windsor uniform, this is recognition for those accomplishments that you achieved on and off the field.
On behalf of the students, staff, board and fans of Windsor Academy, congratulations on this honor, you deserve to be the very first Windsor football Knight to have his jersey retired.